Mastodon Endpaper Mitts, finished! —

Endpaper Mitts, finished!

Last night I finished the Endpaper Mitts, yay!!! Here they are, blocking on the birdcage:


I took that photo last night and had to use flash (ugh) so here’s a photo that shows the actual true colors:


I had size trouble with the second mitt again. I was obsessively careful to compare it to the first mitt every few rows while I was knitting. If anything, it seemed a little smaller than the first one. And then I got it wet to block it and it grew again! Not two inches this time, but enough (in all dimensions) to be significantly larger than the first one. So I got the first one wet, too, and managed to coax them into some semblance of similarity.

And now, it’s sweater time! The weather has cooled off and I’ve got all my nice red Brown Sheep Worsted from my ripped-out BPT. I was thinking of making the Tilted Duster from the new Interweave Knits, but after looking through all the finished ones on Ravelry, I changed my mind. Most of the time it seems to turn out not fitting well. I think there were only one or two, out of dozens, that actually looked good. I don’t want to bother with something that’s going to need a lot of adjusting and tinkering to fit well.

I love the Cobblestone pullover, but I want a cardigan. I think I might try to convert it into a cardigan. I’ll just leave the front open and work in rows, rather than rounds, and continue the garter stitch up the center fronts. Since it’s worked from the bottom up I’ll have to plan buttonhole placement, sigh, but it won’t be too bad, I think.

Category: Blog, Handmade Comment »

Leave a Reply

Back to top